Officers of the Warsaw Police Department recently investigated the following incidents:
- March 8, 10:37 a.m. Patricia Neibert reported criminal mischief to her vehicle. The damage to the vehicle was found to be made by an object other than a motor vehicle.
- March 8, 9:30 a.m. A supervisor at the Warsaw Street Department advised police that members of the trash crew were threatened by a resident for damaging a trash can.
- March 8, 2:47 p.m. Bradley Lemp advised police he received a suspicious letter and check.
- March 9, 12:40 a.m. Suspect was arrested at the DUI Checkpoint at Napa Auto for possession of marijuana and possession of paraphernalia.
- March 9, 8:19 a.m. While performing a traffic stop for false or fictitious registration, police discovered Roger Runyon to be in possession of over 30 grams of marijuana. According to police, Runyon’s vehicle was stopped in a parking lot of 1041 N. Park Ave. Runyon, who was later identified, fled the scene on foot and was apprehended at 938 N. Detroit St.
- March 9, 1:23 p.m. Dollar General reported a theft.
- March 10, 12:05 a.m. A male subject was stopped for speeding and later found to be operating while intoxicated. He was booked at Kosciusko County Jail for the charge.
- March 10, 1:12 a.m. Police received a report of possible underage drinking, Upon arrival, it was determined that three of the five teens were under age individuals that had been drinking. Three were under 18 and were released to parents. Two were taken to Kosciusko County Jail.
- March 10, 3:12 p.m. Police were called to the 700 block of East Winona Avenue in reference to a juvenile battery complaint.
- March 11, 3 a.m. A male subject was conscious and breathing but unresponsive after getting stuck between the seats of a taxi. Once helped out of the taxi he was too intoxicated to stand or walk. After he was medically cleared, he was booked in the Kosciusko County Jail for public intoxication.
- March 11, 11:10 a.m. Charles R. Willard came to the Warsaw Police Department to obtain an incident report and was found to have a warrant for his arrest. The warrant was issued and Charles was arrested and taken to Kosciusko County Jail.
- March 11, 3:17 p.m. Police arrested Odis Sheppard at 3660 Commerce Drive, for possession of precursors.
- March 11, 10:28 p.m. Police were called to East Clark Street in regards to a disturbance/arguments/fights in regards to a custody complaint.
Officers of the Warsaw Police Department recently investigated the following accidents:
Friday, March 8, 7:27 a.m. Fort Wayne and Lake Streets. Drivers: Anthony Solorzano, 19, East Joshua Drive, Warsaw; and Barbara Dove, 62, Ramar Drive, Warsaw. Solorzano was westbound on Fort Wayne Street when he approached the intersection at Lake Street. Solorzano pulled into the intersection as Dove was proceeding through, causing the vehicles to collide. Carina Rodriguez, 17, S. Circle Drive, Warsaw, who was in Solorzano’s passenger seat, complained of pain to her shoulder and upper arm. Damages: up to $50,000
Saturday, March 9, 11:58 a.m. Frontage Road. Driver: Katharine Seppa, 37, East Lake Tahoe Trail, Warsaw. Police were called to the scene of a personal injury accident on Frontage Road between a bicyclist and a vehicle. Before arrival, dispatch informed that the male was conscious but not responding. Upon arrival at the scene, police observed the male was sitting on the curb and EMS were initiating treatment. The bicyclist, Stevie Jefferson, 58, of S. 500 E., Pierceton, was riding his bicycle west on Frontage Road in the eastbound lane. Jefferson had abrasions on his head with minor bleeding and complained of pain in his left thigh. He was transported to Kosciusko Community Hospital. Damages: under $1,000
Saturday, March 9, 3:31 p.m. 600 W. 300 N. Drivers: Angela Keener, 34, West Division Road, Pierceton; and Tammy Allen, 46, W. Wildwood Trail, Warsaw. Keener was backing out of a parking space at the same time as Wildwood causing the two vehicles collide in the parking lot. Damages: up to $2,500
Saturday, March 9, 7:14 p.m. East Center and North Scott Streets. Driver: Troy Brown, 41, Sue Avenue, Warsaw. Brown was eastbound on Center Street when he struck a dog in the roadway.. Damages: up to $5,000
Monday, March 11, 1:34 p.m. Detroit and Market Streets. Drivers: Carol Graff, 64, East Van Buren Street, Leesburg; and Rodney Bollman, 58, North Johnson Street, Warsaw. Graff was traveling north on Detroit Street when she rear-ended Bollman’s stopped vehicle in front of her for a red light. Damages: up to $2,500