Officers of the Warsaw Police Department recently investigated the following incidents:
- Jan. 23, 3 p.m. Joel L. McNicholas reported a burglary at his home.
- Jan. 23, 9:35 p.m. Jaime Triana was arrested at 1809 West Winona Ave., for driving without ever obtaining an operator license.
- Jan. 23, 10:57 p.m. Police arrested two individuals at Lake City Highway and North Detroit Street for possession and dealing in of less than three grams of methamphetamine.
- Jan. 24, 3:55 a.m. John Sommers was arrested at Lake City Highway and Parker Street for operation of a vehicle while intoxicated after a two vehicle car accident.
- Jan. 24, 4:55 p.m. Individual was found to never have obtained a operating license a 3171 E. Center St.
- Jan. 24, between 5:15 p.m. and 8 p.m. Kevin G. Gilbert reported the theft of a cell phone from his vehicle at 3660 Commerce Dr.
- Jan. 24, 7:14 p.m. A Warsaw man reported being battered.
- Jan. 24, 8:33 p.m. Lara Popenfoose reported criminal mischief occurred at her home. Two windows were broken.
Officers of the Warsaw Police Department recently investigated the following accidents:
Wednesday, Jan. 23, 9:51 a.m. Harrison and Fort Wayne streets. Drivers: Richard D. Buck, 56, East Center Street, Warsaw; Tiffanie R. McMichael, 24, South Caleb Court, Warsaw. Buck was southbound on Harrison when McMicheal, who was pulling through the intersection, struck Buck’s vehicle. Damages: up to $5,000
Wednesday, Jan. 23, 3:38 p.m. West Center Street. Joshua Schultz advised police that his vehicle was stuck at some point in the past couple of days while parked. Damages: up to $2,500
Wednesday, Jan. 23, 7:30 p.m. South Union and West Jefferson Streets. Driver: Nichole M. Lalonde, 16, South Meadow Drive, Warsaw. Lalonde struck a deer as she was southbound on South Union Street. Damages: up to $2,500
Thursday, Jan. 24, 3:56 a.m. Lake City Highway and North Parker Street. Drivers: John D. Sommers, 24, EMS C2C7 Lane, Warsaw; Kelli D. Hueber, 54, South Randolph Street, South Whitley. Sommers was northbound on Parker Street when he ran a red light at the Lake City Highway intersection and struck Hueber’s vehicle, which was westbound through the intersection. Sommers was found to be driving while intoxicated. Damages: up to $25,000
Friday, Jan. 25, 12:45 a.m. 315 West County Road 350 North. Driver: Zaccari A. Kolanowski, 21, Donna Street, Leesburg. Kolanowski was observed by official operating a motor vehicle in an erratic manner. Kolanowski drove onto National Guard Armory Property, through the yard and struck a stop sign. Kolonowski failed to remain at the scene and failed to report the crash. Kolonowki was found to be operating while intoxicated. Perdue complained of back pain. Damages: up to $2,500
Thursday, Jan. 24, 7:45 a.m. Lake City Highway. Drivers: Giovoani Velazquez, 24, Old State Road 15, Warsaw. Velazquez was merging onto Lake City Highway when his vehicle slid off the road and struck the guard rail. Damages: up to $2,500
Thursday, Jan. 24, 5:29 p.m. Winona Avenue and Columbia Street. Drivers: Carol E. Powell, 73, 1274 East 225 South, Winona Lake; Pamela S. Landon, 53, West Osprey Drive, Mentone. Powell, southbound on Columbia St., ran stop sign and collided with Landon, westbound on West Winona Avenue. Damages: up to $5,000